When testing packages and goods, companies find themselves before two options: test equipment rental, having tests performed offsite, or building their own testing laboratory. We analyze the pros and cons of both options, taking into consideration the convenience and ROI (return on investment).
Test equipment rental: the short-term solution
Test equipment rental is a good option for companies that aim to avoid the costs of having, using and maintaining testing equipment. Financially, there are many advantages, such as paying only when you need to use the equipment or avoiding purchasing costs and other variables.
Furthermore, this generally means having professional personnel at your disposal, who are able to offer accurate results and analyze them, as well as different types of machines. Likewise, there are different criteria for choosing a company to perform the tests:
– Based on the standards that you want to comply with
– Based on the type of product that you offer
– Universities and other centers, if your aim is supporting research.
Advantages of investing on testing solutions
If one of your concerns is how to reduce testing costs, one of your best options is to acquire testing solutions to build your own lab:
Some of the advantages of these types of testing laboratories include:
– The ability to perform an unlimited number of tests at no additional cost.
– Faster processes when certifying a product or project, avoiding formalities and delays.
– Generation of more thorough analyses, since companies know every detail of their equipment and products, being also able to perform them based on their specific needs.
– Improve the company image before the clients: an in-house laboratory points to the company’s commitment to finding optimized packaging solutions.
– A higher logistics efficiency, by better adapting to the distribution environment through the implementation of different testing methods.
– After creating a laboratory, it is possible to offer testing services to other companies that need them, generating an additional source of revenue.
In summary, it is the best option for companies that continuously develop packaging products or need to test their loads continuously to ensure their safety during transportation.
Safe Load TT: we help you create your laboratory
At Safe Load Testing Technologies we have a track record of two decades in the field of transport simulation and packaging optimization, designing and manufacturing our own equipment and systems. We are the only company in the world that can deliver turnkey, personalized testing solutions.
We have assisted a number of companies in creating their own packaging laboratories and recoup their investment. Some examples include:
– Creation of a simulation center for DuoPlast, thanks to which the German company could offer an unmatched packaging testing center.
– The acquisition of a horizontal stability tester by Trioplast, meaning that they can perform EUMOS 40509 tests in-house, without depending on test equipment rental.
Supported by our track record of over two decades in the transport simulation and packaging optimization sector, at Safe Load TT we adapt to your needs: from the selection of the most suitable equipment, to the training of technicians and an express maintenance & repair program available worldwide.
Additionally, we help you calculate your ROI, so that you can find a solution at an optimal price without limiting the technical capabilities of your laboratory.
Get in touch with us and we will help you choose the best testing solutions to optimize your packaging processes.